Friday, May 30, 2008

Biscuits

My first attempt at biscuits after I was married was hockey pucks.  :)  I was on the phone in no time asking my mom what I had done wrong.  So, here is my mothers recipe for biscuits.

2c. flour
1/4c. shortening
1 tsp. salt
1 tblsp. baking powder
3/4c.-1c.  milk or water

Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and shortening; and mix ingredients till crumbly with pastry blender.  Then add milk.  Will be sticky.  Knead a few times adding flour if needed.  Pat out to the thickness of your cutter.  Fit tightly (without squishing) into pan.
Bake at 450 for 12 to 15 minutes.

I have made up a triple batch and made these into cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Much quicker and my hubby prefers them to regular bread dough cinnamon rolls.  Yes I know he's weird.  :)  But they are pretty good.

No comments: