Sunday, April 27, 2008

Crock Pot Roast

I got this ages ago off of FlyLady.  This is a neat site that I should really do more with.  :)  I am sure my house would be cleaner.  This is my favorite beef roast.  Always Great!!   I also use about a 4 lb roast.  :)

Serves 4
2lb beef pot roast - whole
4 cloves garlic
salt
Black pepper

GRAVY
Juices from roast
1 tbsp. cornstarch
4 tbsp. milk OR water
salt
black pepper

Wash pot roast and lay in crock pot, fat side down.  Slice garlic into thin slices and lay over the top, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.  Set dial on low and let cook, covered, for about 5 hours.  Some times, relative to shape of the roast, it will be done in 4 hours.

GRAVY:  Dissolve cornstarch in milk or water and put into stovetop pan with crockpot juices.  Cook over medium heat until thickened.

Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy made from the juices in the pot, some veggies and you've got dinner.

No comments: