Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Autumn Surprise


These look a bit lumpy but they are good eats:)  These are also all that are left of the 28 I made of this recipe.  Made 24 more applesauce muffins for a total of 52!!  I knew they would get eaten but that fast!!  aaahhhh  :)

2c. chopped apples (I slice w/ apple slicer/corer, cut each piece in half and cut into bowl.  I don't peel them either)
1c. sugar
1 1/2c. flour
1tsp. soda
1/2tsp. salt
1/2c. oil
1 egg, beaten
1tsp. vanilla
1/2c. nuts (I like walnuts)
1/2c. coconut

Mix apples and sugar.  Let stand until juice forms.  Soft in dry mixture (flour, soda and salt).  Add remaining ingredients.  Bake in a greased and floured 8x8 pan or muffin tins at 350 degrees for 30 mins.  As given by my grandmother (Hazel Dean).  I made these today.  :)  When I doubled the recipe I got 28 muffins.

1 comment:

Laura said...

these were incrediable! LOVED THEM!